A blackbird watches a grave from the branches of a tree. On the freshly overturned earth, a white daisy with seven petals grows. Each petal shimmers with a drop of clear rainwater, one drop rolls off of its silken perch and strikes the blades of grass below. New life begins. The blackbird takes flight.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 12, 2008 approx. 11:30 @ Kataskinosi

I've been on camp for one week now, and I continue to have mixed feelings. I take nearly all responsiblity for the negativity I'm projecting and I hope to change my attitude--and change it quickly. For instance, I woke up today grumpy. I don't know why, really, I just know that I'm head-achy, sore, tired, and kind of cranky. I'll pray and read som in a bit, but I'm growing tired of having to do this so often here. I wonder, too, if it's just me: I'm remembering, though, the need to change the environment around me if I feel negative coming at me--not the other way around. So I continue to pray for the ability to relax and respond to the people here.

I do know that I need to face myself--this is part of the problem and will have to be done before I can move forward much more. I don't know know how/when to do it. I almost feel as though I need a guide--God guide me--and I pray for the ocurage to do it--and the discipline to stay with it. An honest look at myself will be hard for sure but it is needed.

I don't have much more to write--my thoughts are still really scattered right now and I know that will continue to battle some old demons right now--insecurity, fear, jealousy--so I pray for the patience, confidence, and will to be giving, compassionate, and loving right now. And I give myself permission to be quiet right now--I know that I often try too hard to project myself as I want to be instead of growing naturally those things within that I too often artificially project. I must be patient with myself right now.

Short term goals:
  • Look for what is good, funny, or beautiful today. Appreciate it.
  • Try to reach out more to others.
  • Focus on opening up more to specific people. I don't have to be there for the whole camp.
  • Let go of the need to "succeed" here. If I regress this week, look to learn form it and grow the next. Whatever happens, learn from this experience and don't let guilt hold me down.
  • Don't think so much--try to act more on 1st instincts--then guage the fruitfulness of it.
  • Praise God in big and small ways today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home